Work Permit

From 24.6 2014, non-EU citizens wishing to work and live in the Czech Republic for a period exceeding 3 months, do no longer need to apply for the work permit. In vast majority of cases, the work permit has been fully replaced by the Employee card. Highly-skilled workers also have an option to apply for the EU Blue Card.

Work permit is only required if: 

  • Person concerned is a non-EU citizen, living in the Czech Republic with his/her spouse, child or parent based on a visa or residence permit for the purpose of family reunification 
  • Person concerned is a non-EU citizen, transferred to the Czech Republic to work, but remains employed by that company outside the Czech Republic.

            Find out more about:

                                                 Employee card (employment)

                                                 EU Blue Card (employment)

                                                 Business/Trade license (self-employed, freelancer or Business)

In case of any questions, feel free to contact our immigration specialist Arseni on +420 777 903 833 or fill in the form below.

If you are looking for the best service provider, go ahead with us!

  • Proven track record of the best service delivery - references
  • Individual approach to every customer
  • Experience of being an expatriate and local market knowledge

Expat Care Team

Is a mix of both locals and expats, and therefore has a wide range of experiences. Our agency is dedicated to expats from both EU and non-EU countries that are coming to the Czech Republic to live, work or study. We are ready to assist with all possible relocation issues, including but not limited to, home searches, assistance, visas, permits, employee cards, registrations and many other.